During New York's fashion week, the Zero Power Smart Fashion exhibition and symposium will showcase the latest products and technologies the wearable tech and smart clothing community have to offer.
Leading research labs and companies will showcase their cutting-edge products and technologies at the intersection of fashion and science.
The goal of this special, one-day exhibition and symposium is to showcase the latest innovations in wearable technologies, and to connect the fashion and high-tech industries with the research institutions and universities from the US and Europe. The event reflects the continuation of key research and development activities initiated in Europe on Zero Power technology by the Guardian Angels for a Smarter Life Flagship Project and its extension in North America. Key international experts from leading universities and colleges will showcase visionary roadmaps and future evolutions of smart garments embedding sensing, computation, communication and energy functions.
Over 20 outstanding speakers and exhibitors will discuss the following topics:
- Wearable computing
- Fashionable nanotechnology
- Smart textiles
- Smart patches, tattoos and epidermal electronics
- Ultra-low power movement and physical activity sensors for sports and wellbeing
- Hydration and nutrition monitoring by smart garments
- Wireless sensors embedded in garments for interfacing with smart hubs (phones and glasses)
- Environmental quality monitoring by smart garments
- Fashion, trillion sensor planet and Internet-of-Things
- Wearable energy harvesting and storage; self-energized garments